The Queen Anne mansion was built for W. W. Graham in 1890. Mr. Graham came to Ohio from Illinois in 1880. He was a paymaster and railroad bridge contractor for the Wheeling & Lake Erie Railroad. He constructed and built nearly all the bridges and furnished the bulk of all the ties for the Wheeling & Lake Erie Railroad. His contracting reached the large sum of one and one-half million dollars. He also built more than seventy miles of bridges for the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad. Mr. Graham married Nellie M. Griggs in 1864 in Illinois. Her father was the general contractor for the Wheeling & Lake Erie Railroad. They had 2 children Maude and King. Nellie passed away in 1887. In 1890 Mr. Graham married Carrie M. Rude of Sandusky. They bought the land on West Main Street from John and Frances Gardiner and began building their home. W. W. Graham passed away in 1915. The house was sold at an estate auction for $6,700.00. Since then it has been owned by 7 other families. Tim and Vickie Dauch purchased the home in 2001 after it had sat empty for several months and began restoring it to its grand style and beauty.
"Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the success of The Victorian Lady Bed & Breakfast,"